Sunday, December 7, 2008
It gets so dark in the winter, what with "Daylight Savings Time" that it is too cold and dark to hike during the longest days of winter. Therefore, the times in the evening will be a start at sundown which will be different each day of the year.
Note: There are many good books and DVDs on this mater of Fitness.We will do reviews on some of them from time to time.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Edify Ye One Another, means build each other up, and not to waste our time, energy and resources building up ungodly organizations and individuals, as such.
This is what true Brotherhood Sisterhood is all about. We need to return again to addressing each other as Brother, if indeed we are holding ourselves out to be brothers in the full biblical sense of the word.
Jesus when asked to simplify the law, said, Love God with all your heart and all your soul, and love your Brother as yourself. In these two are all the other commandments.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
1) Do you sometime put food in your mouth before you realize you've done it?
2) Does eating cause you to feel stressed or guilty?
3) When you get into a disagreement with someone or you're bored, do you think of eating?
4) Do you eat more when you have a lot of time on your hands?
5) Have you developed a strategy for dealing with your emotions that don’t involve eating?
6) Does eating something fattening you early in the day negatively affect your food choices for the whole day?
7) Do you consider food your enemy?
8) Do you wonder around thinking you want something to eat but you don't know what it is?
9) Do you crave something to eat even when you're not hungry?
10) Do you sometime snack to avoid doing something else you need to do?
- If you answer YES to the majority of these questions you are probably an emotional eater.
- You are handling your emotions by stuffing them and in the process you're stuffing your body as well.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
BUT be assured, we don't require anyone to complete it. You may walk as slowly as you wish and stop and go back whenever you wish. If it is only a couple of blocks to start with, that is OK.
Those who are least fit need this more than the fit joggers and runners. Yes, the runners and joggers can benefit, but they are already in good shape. Therefore, our focus will be on the slower walkers and first timers.
Effort will be made to insure that everyone has at least one other person to walk with them, so no one will have to face this entirely alone. We also have maps to insure that you don't get off course.
After the first few times, you will get to know how to go through the course without your map. And the course we follow is approved by the police, and others, as a reasonably safe and appropriate route.
The scenery is magnificent at any time of the year, and that alone is worth the effort. The many trees shelter us from the sun and the wind as we go along.
After the first time, you will see that gentle walking, appropriate to your condition, is the most healthful thing you can do, for yourself, all those around you, and our loving Lord and Savior.
Of course your doctor is the best advice giver as to what you are able to do, so be sure to tell your doctor of your plans and get his OK. Most doctors are enthusiastic about their patients decision to walk on a regular basis.
In the future, we may offer additional walks during the week if the interest is expressed. There is no restriction on how many times we can cover the course. Let us know if you want to do some extra walking, and we will try to be there with you, or put you with someone who wants to do the same thing. Till next week, with God's help, let's Lose to Live....
Sunday, October 12, 2008
The Bible contains numerous instructions along the lines of: "Where two are in agreement as to any thing, it shall be done." and "Where two are gathered together, there am I" and so forth. Another one is, that two or more in agreement can "move mountains."
We are all in this together, which is why it is helpful to approach our problems, goals, and challenges in the spirit of a "Club" of achievers, with God's help, which He has promised.
So, if we want to be more fit in every way, health-wise, and otherwise, we must turn toward each other for support, and deal with some of these challenges in a group setting. I know that is true for me, which is why I have created this Website to try to bring us all together in a ministry of help.
You can reach us at: FSCPlanning@Gmail.Com 24/7/365 Let's hear from you!